Grant Writerback to postions
Click to see all qualifications.
Adoptee Hub seeks a part-time Grant Writer volunteer to conduct research, complete grant applications to institutional donors (i.e., foundation, corporate, and government funders) on behalf of Adoptee Hub. The Grant Writer is one of the most crucial jobs for Adoptee Hub and will be responsible for the implementation of the Adoptee Hub development strategy to secure new and renewed grant funding to support Adoptee Hub in their initiatives to develop and sustain the Global Birth Search Services (GBSS) portal; capital funding for the Adoptee Hub Cultural Center; build and manage the Adoptee Hub Retreat Village.
The volunteer will report to and work closely with the Adoptee Hub Board of Directors (specifically the Director of Development) and Chief of Executive Operations. A creative, energetic, and mission-driven individual committed to realizing the potential of a bold and innovative strategic vision in supporting our Adoptee Community.
This position requires discretion and confidentiality.
- Research and create a growing portfolio of foundation, corporate, and government funders in collaboration with development, clinical, and programmatic leadership to achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Write compelling grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundations, corporations, and government agencies, as well as interim and final reports, and solicits timely feedback from relevant staff.
- Gather documentation and fulfill the necessary requirements of various funding bodies to formally seek funding on behalf of Adoptee Hub.
- Convenes meetings and gatherings of potential donors to showcase the organization’s work and strengths (including but not limited to site visits, in person or on-line solicitation meetings, legislator visits, and roundtables).
- Attend Adoptee Hub events and assist with setups.
- Attend regional Adoptee-related events to represent Adoptee Hub and assist with networking.
- Request member to be an Adoptee, if possible, or associated with an Adoptee community in some capacity.
- Experience in professional grant writing, in a nonprofit setting.
- Exceptional research and writing skills. Proven experience translating complex and technical concepts into compelling and clear prose for specific audiences.
- Experience in developing and delivering successful proposals to a variety of foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Be able to understand and execute complex instructions.
- Technologically savvy, familiar with grant research systems, and MS Office programs.
- Proficient in navigating the World Wide Web.
- Great organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, with proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering assignments within stringent deadlines.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in charitable giving, particularly in the foundation, corporate, and government funding arenas.
- Exceptional writing skills that can relay Adoptee Hub’s mission and goals.