Editor / Proofreaderback to postions
Click to see all qualifications.
Adoptee Hub is in search of 2 part-time volunteers to serve as Editor / Proofreaders. They will be charged with reviewing, proofing, and editing written and digital content for our Global Birth Search Service portal, Membership portal, and Grant proposal submission.
This position requires discretion and confidentiality.
- Be learned on Adoptee Hub, their mission, goals, objectives and branding.
- Be able to proofread materials for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency, and brand voice.
- Be detailed oriented.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Computer proficient.
- Request member to be an Adoptee, if possible, or associated with an Adoptee community in some capacity.
- Knowledgeable of Asana project management tool software application.
- Identify ways that the structure and flow of content could be improved.
- Good time management skills.
- Familiar with social media best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with Microsoft One Drive.
- Experienced in Zoom meeting software application.
- Experienced as an editor / proofreader.
- Critical thinker.
- Capable of providing feedback as well as taking feedback.
- Cooperate and liaise with grant writers, web designers, content managers, public affairs and fellow proofreaders.
- Dedicate 20 hours monthly towards Adoptee Hub events and project needs.